Recently my sister, Marykate, gave me a bag full of clothes she no longer wore knowing that I would use the fabric with some of my sewing. When I pulled this shirt out I instantly thought "I must make this into a sundress for Muffin!!"
The beginning of the project! I cut the shirt down the back.
I measured Muffin's chest and I marked with pins about were I was going to need to cut to make the front of the dress, allowing an extra inch for french seams. (I don't own a serger, so this is my way to hide ugly seam edges).
This is the back of the shirt. On the right, you can see that it had pockets and I knew I wasn't going to use these. So on the left you can see how I chopped off the top, salvaging the factory seam and cut off the pocket just in front of the side seam. I repeated this on the other side of course, this is just a way of showing the before and after.