Liebster Award rules:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 bloggers [with less than 200 followers] to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs
11 random facts:
- I am a musical fiend. I love Disney movies and classics like My Fair Lady and Pretty Girl. I can sing every single song.
- I'm a "fly by the seat of my pants" crafter. I can read and follow patterns for sewing, knitting, and crocheting but more often I prefer to just make my own because I don't like the constriction.
- I detest hard rock and metal music. Southern rock and classic rock are fine but you can keep the shouting nonsense.
- My handwriting when first start writing something to once my hand is tired varies so much it looks like two different people wrote it.
- Before I became a mom I was an avid roadside animal saver but once you've got a baby in the back seat it abruptly stops. The most I can do now is pull over and call animal control and it stings my heart a little bit.
- I am horrible at math. Thank the Lord Corey brought his math gene to the table or our kids would have been in serious trouble.
- I have a hard time telling people "no". I will take on too many projects to help family and friends and it usually always ends with me tired, slightly frazzled, and stretching myself a tad too thin. I know I only ask for help when I truly need it so I always take anyone asking for advice or help very seriously.
- I'm terrified of bugs. Not just spiders. I don't even like butterflies touching me. I'll look but not touch.
- I can not stand what Corey and I call "pass the baby". I will not share my newborn with anyone other than my husband and daughter. My parents who live 5 minutes away and were here almost every day after the birth didn't hold Isabelle until she was about 4 weeks old. They understood that the baby needed to bond and stay close with Mama, it should be a peaceful transition. They came to take care of everything else, like laundry, dishes, dinner, etc. I will forever be grateful for them teaching me it's okay to not give into the pressure of letting others hold the baby and for letting me just be a new Mom 100% of the time for those first precious weeks.
- I'm crunchy. Probably more so than I state on any social media. I like holistic methods of healing, breastfeeding until the child decides to stop, I would totally home birth if it were an option for me, I prefer "frugal" living, and so much more. It's a tad bit controversial because people have been conditioned to think one way about health or birth, but the evidence based research is there if you look for it.
- I am truly madly in love with my family and our lives. My husband is not just my best friend but just an all around great guy. Our daughter is such a source of joy for everyone she comes in contact with. When I wake every day my heart beats for them and this new member to be joining us soon will be no exception!
And now, my questions from Mrs. Davis:
1. Who's your biggest celebrity crush?
Ryan Gosling. The man oozes charm, and if you've ever gotten to know my husband you'll soon find I'm a real sucker for it. Also add the movie Crazy.Stupid.Love and all of the "Hey Girl" memes and yeah, *drool*
2. What is something you completely dread doing?
Laundry. I have told my husband many times, I wouldn't want to live extravagantly if we won the lottery but my one "splurge" would be laundry service. I would never do laundry again.
3. If you had to define your style, what would you say?
Not sure if we're talking about clothes or our home sooooo:
Clothing Style: cheap, simple, and wear well. Being a stay at home mother I am fortunate that I can wear whatever I would like, and spending my day chasing Isabelle, comfortable clothes win out every time. My one personal obsession is antique jewelry. Luckily, Corey "gets it" ;-)
Home Style: I like light and bright. Natural sunlight pouring into the house is good for the soul. I like traditional and heirloom anything, photos, handmade quilts, afghans, furniture, things from our family past are cherished. Functionality wins out here as well. I have a toddler, she lives here, learns, plays, loves, and prays here. For as long as our house is blessed with children, it will look like they live here and not a page from a magazine.
4. Chocolate or vanilla?
5. What's your go to outfit? Something maybe you have had in your closet for years and just can't let go of...
Since I'm currently in maternity I would say a Target maternity t-shirt and some black active wear pants. But who am I kidding, I'm still wearing it even after the baby comes.
6. Your favorite room in your home...and why?
I'm torn between saying the living room or the kitchen. Lots of amazing memories and soul filling moments happen in these rooms.
7. If you could change absolutely anything in your house, what would it be?
I would prefer all of the bedrooms on the same level, but 3 out of 4 isn't too bad. I would also want a larger kitchen, we seriously have one of the smallest kitchens I've ever seen. A fence around the entire backyard and a large deck on the back of the house. Hey, you said anything.
8. Dogs or cats?
Dogs. I think I have a natural cat repelling pheromone, I think they are cute and cuddly but the feeling isn't mutual.
9. What is your best childhood memory?
Oh my. This is tough. Being one of four with a large age gap in the middle, I would say anytime we were all together, family trips, dinners, holidays. We have so many stories and inside jokes there just isn't a single memory.
10. Live on the edge or play it safe?
Safe. This has changed since motherhood, Corey and I both have settled down quite a bit.
11. What is the one thing in your life that you have wanted the most? Whether you already have it or are still trying to get it!
Being able to stay at home with our children is an amazing blessing that I cherish and honestly have always dreamed of. Corey and I had also always planned on having a larger family but given that we struggle with my health issues during pregnancy I'm not sure what God has in store for us. But, two healthy girls is an amazing, filling blessing and I am more than thrilled with that for the rest of our lifetime.
My 11 nominations:
These are my only blogger friends that have less than 200 followers!
- Has your life ever had a turning point? If yes, what made the change?
- What are your top two dream professions?
- What is your guiltiest indulgence?
- Proudest moment?
- Favorite time of year? Holiday?
- Favorite food?
- Do you have a hobby? What is it?
- What's your greatest fear?
- What makes you unique?
- Would you consider yourself a good dancer? Would your friends agree? ;-)
- What literary figure could you most align yourself with?
Well that's it folks! I hope these questions find you well and thanks again Mrs. Davis for this, it was fun! xoxo