Friday, September 21, 2012

It's A Girl! and HG Pregnancy Diary Update


Simmons baby #2 is a confirmed female!

Fiona Noel Simmons is perfect and healthy and slated to come into the world around February 4th!

Up until this coming week I will have received 2 liters of IV fluids twice a week, but after the ultrasound today the game plan is changing to only coming once a week!  Thanks to testing negative for key tones for a week and a half and not losing any more weight (I haven't gained any weight, which they aren't thrilled about but it's a move in the right direction that I'm not losing weight), my midwife decided I could step down on the fluid therapy.  I'll have an appointment at the beginning of the week and if I get in trouble during the week I can have an unscheduled visit to help get me caught up.

 All of my medications are staying the same, they really are helping.  Sometimes there isn't any amount of intervention that stop me from getting sick but I'm doing as well as I am because of the medication so I really can't complain.  I took the glucose test already, only this time I did the fasting blood test instead of the drink and my levels were perfect.

I am measuring further along than I actually am but our due date is staying the same because we have a family history of making large babies.  (Ten pounders... yikes).

During the ultrasound (anatomy scan) Fiona measured right around one pound, the midwife and the ultrasound tech agreed that she's on par to be a healthy and large baby.  That gives my heart such peace.  Some days I can feel like I'm wasting away and it's so comforting to know that she's healthy and growing as she should.

All praise to God for this miracle.  Staying so humble knowing His hand is in all things.
"This is the child for which I was praying, and Yahweh has granted me what I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...