Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pride

Today I am proud.  Today I am a shameless braggart.  All thanks to God and my husband, Corey, I have a reason to beam with pride.  Today my hardworking hubby got a promotion.  Yes, that’s a big deal by itself, but there is a bit of back-story that makes it all the more sweet. Let me explain:

Late March of this year my husband got hurt at work, it has been a physical strain on him and mentally taxing for both of us.  He works construction, so naturally, he can’t keep lifting 200 pounds over his head on a daily basis, and so they stuck him in the office.  Starting out with mindless paperwork or filing, management quickly took notice of how hard he was working and began giving him bigger tasks holding more importance.  He then took it upon himself to start reconstructing the safety training material within the company.  Within a week or two, he had the safety coordinators asking him to make presentations for safety conferences and not only to continue his remodeling of the safety platform but to add new safety models as well.  We are getting to the part where the vice president, yeah that’s right, the vice president of the company took notice.  Creating a position for Corey, a promotion, acting as a communication facilitator between his company and the general contractors they work on site with.

Yeah… he’s awesome.  And that’s not all.

Also accomplished since March, working hard on a rigid, three times a week physical therapy sessions, often leaving him sore and using a cane.  He had countless (painful) spinal injections and trips to the hospital.  Constant check-ups with his orthopedic surgeon, not usually getting the most uplifting news about the current state of his back.  (Degenerative back disease, pinched nerves, holes within the spinal column, only to name a few, and there many more).  Then, that after all of that, he was an amazing doting husband and dad when he got home.  Giving us whatever remaining energy he had when he walked through the door.  We were even able to make trips to visit family, and I watched as my sweet husband “grin and bear it” so that everyone else wouldn’t worry about him and have a good time.

This man, my wonderful man, has more work ethic and more devotion to his family than anyone I have ever known.  I am so thankful and so proud. 

I love you sweetheart.

“With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God” –Mark 10:27

*And to our family and friends: Thank you so much for your continued encouragement and support.  I love you and appreciate you more than you'll ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...