Monday, March 5, 2012

What's Been Missing


I have attempted many times to get back into the swing of blogging again.  I felt as though I needed to catch up on all of the things happening between posts.  I can't do it.

After losing my Grandpappy in January, I have tried, drafted, and failed to put into an essay of sorts, what an amazing figure he was in our family.  So I think I'll keep it simple, because well, he was a pretty simple man.

He was steadfast.  Iron willed.  Strong.  Constant.  A Provider.  Hard worker.  He knew what hard work was and he didn't shy away from it.  He also knew that family was always a priority.  As a grandchild, I always knew, without it having to be said, I was loved and cherished.

I miss him terribly.  I miss Grandpappy, Nana, Grandma, and Uncle Timmy so much sometimes it hurts.  But as my side of the family gets smaller we also get so much closer.  Phone calls and visits become more frequent.  That's the blessing of having parents that live 5 minutes away and being one of four siblings - we have each other to lean on, to bring each other up, and to remember so much greatness we've shared.


I am so proud of my family, the way I was raised, and where I came from.  And Grandpappy started that.  Thanks Grandpappy.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...