Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Garden Prep

Meet the mini gardener!
 We have all been getting very excited in anticipation for planting season!  So far my progress has been:  leveling the area for the raised beds, setting the raised beds, and spreading fertilizer on the soil.  Word on the street is that plants like poo, so naturally, I spread some horse manure.  I still have a long way to go, the husband and my dad are going to Lowe's to get the topsoil needed to fill the beds today and my indoor vegetable starts are not yet hardened.  But we are getting there!
I had to transplant some tulips to the front flower beds
Getting a science lesson with Daddy: Earthworms
Pitching in!
While I was transplanting the tulips, Daddy and baby staked up a floppy butterfly bush.

Ta-Da!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...