Friday, January 11, 2013

I'm in love.....

...with these chubby chubby cheeks!


...with a girl who is looking just like her older sister!
We left this appointment elated.  We got to see this healthy chunky face and there wasn't another mention of early induction.  I'm not sure if it's because I let my disapproval of the idea of an induction be known or if it was just lack of communication between the midwives, either way it played in our favor!  I was told I won't have another ultrasound until I'm past due at 41 weeks, and although I'm not a fan of that idea - I'm not borrowing trouble, I'll cross that bridge when we get there, if we get there.  The news from the ultrasound is that she's head down, looking at my left hip, and has plenty of fluid.  Oh, and it's only her in there *insert eye roll here* no twins.  No measurement of her weight, which is what I requested but I have to be honest I was afraid they were going to sneak it anyway, thankfully they didn't.

36 weeks, just a few more to go and we all get to meet our sweet Fiona and in her own sweet time.  I'm happy and so so in love!  I've felt her movements and I feel very connected to her already, but leaving this appointment I felt that deep down, soul stirring love that a Mama feels for her baby.  I'm ready when you are Fiona.

2 comments:

  1. yay! Yay! YAY!!!!! She is soo beautiful already! :) and she really does look just like her older sister. Weird that you can tell that from an ultrasound. Such great news though! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having awesome support like you sister has made this so much easier. So much appreciation and love for you! <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...